The Greater Kansas City Hispanic Development Fund’s (HDF) mission is to improve the quality of life of Latino families in Greater Kansas City by engaging the Latino community in philanthropy to build stronger communities through grantmaking and scholarship support. HDF is an affiliate fund of the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation.
HDF is currently accepting resumes for the following position:
Job Title: Executive Director of the Hispanic Development Fund
Reports to: Chairman of the Hispanic Development Fund
FLSA Classification: Exempt
The Executive Director will be responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission, vision, values and financial objectives. The Executive Director will need to demonstrate a proven capacity to identify, develop and pursue new funding opportunities, act as the principal steward of the organization’s resources, and cultivate positive relationships with key stakeholders. The Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for HDF’s staff, programs, expansion, finances and execution of its mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish positive relationships within the Kansas City community, with a special emphasis on the Latino community, and provide strong leadership to maintain HDF at the forefront of current and relevant philanthropic funding.
- Engage and energize HDF staff, board members, partnering organizations, scholarship alumni and donors through a continuous and strategic focus on relationship building.
- Administer HDF’s grantmaking, including the construction of requests, proposals, and applications.
- Oversee HDF Scholarship program and expand the program by implementing strategies to build lasting relationships with scholarship alumni with the goal of converting alumni into donors.
- Personally inspire and solicit HDF alumni, individual, corporate and foundation gifts and significantly increase the number and level of gifts, especially from the Latino community.
- Build and maintain effective systems to measure progress and regularly evaluate programs with the objective of enhancing strategic and operational decision-making that can be effectively communicated to the board, donors and other constituents.
- Creatively build and maintain HDF’s brand as a Latino leader in the philanthropic community through effective marketing and communication strategies.
- Emphasize communications including web presence, social media and external relations with the goal of creating a strong HDF brand and broadening audience base.
- Other duties as assigned or deemed necessary.
- Proven track record of strong, strategic leadership within the philanthropic and nonprofit sector.
- Proven track record of fundraising and cultivating new and existing donors, including individuals, foundations and corporations at all levels.
- Possess a passion, strong commitment and credibility to the Latino community.
- Experience in organizational and fundraising management with the ability to coach, manage, and develop staff while building efficiencies and achieving strategic objectives.
- Experience with successfully working with a diverse board of directors; ability to cultivate existing board relationships and assist in the selection and recruitment of new members.
- Possess exceptional personal skills that encourage collaboration with individuals from diversely cultural, generational and economic backgrounds.
- Significant knowledge of finance and budgeting with the ability to understand, project and analyze finances.
- The ability to communicate (verbal and written) accurate messages regarding business-related collaborations, while applying the utmost professionalism and tact, is an essential function of the job.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor degree or four years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Other required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
This is a highly collaborative and communicative position. It requires constant communication with key stakeholders. The ability to communicate (verbal and written) accurate messages regarding business-related collaborations, while applying the utmost professionalism and tact, is an essential function of the job. While position requires ability to work cooperatively in a team setting, must also have the ability to perform tasks independently with minimal supervision.
Must be able to regularly complete tasks at a computer terminal while sitting for long periods of time. Required to communicate and interpret detailed information orally. May exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects. Employee is required to have visual acuity to properly prepare and analyze assigned work. Typical indoor office environment with moderate noise level, frequent interruptions and fast work pace.
This position al requires the ability to meet outside of the office and qualified candidates should have reliable transportation with a clean driving record and automobile insurance.
To learn more about HDF we invite you to visit http://hdfkc.org/
For consideration, please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
The job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Company reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and experience required